EDTEC 700: Blogging in the Classroom

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Online Classroom

Although this is a fairly straight-forward approach to blogging, I would like to make my class project a Teacher Blog.

I've often wished for an easy way to post classroom activities to the internet and Teacher Blogs really seem to fit the bill.

Although I am the webmaster for my school, it takes a lot of planning and a circuitous FTP route for me to post new information to our site. Many of the staff at my school have asked about how they may post information for their school activities quickly and independently. Now, with minimal training, I will be able to assist staff members with creating their own online classrooms.

Future ideas include:


  • Classroom Blog for student observations and contributions
  • School Blog for parent and student communication
  • Staff Blog for staff communication
  • Club Blogs for school club activities
  • Department Blogs for departmental collaboration


The first seed, a simple teacher blog, and Ms. Kline Online is now live, and ready for her even more lively students to visit.

1 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

I would like to! As soon as I set up an account using the Blogmeister site so that I may monitor my students' blogs, I'll allow them to post to the blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home